January 6, 2012

Q&A with YouTube Guru MakeupbyTiffanyD


Tiffany, most commonly known for her YouTube channel, MakeupByTiffanyD, is a long-time Sigma Beauty collaborator. She’s produced several Sigma Beauty tutorials and informed beauty consumers of the exceptional functionality and quality of our products.

 

Tiffany started making YouTube videos in 2008 as a fun and informative outlet for beauty lovers alike. She has since been receiving a considerable amount of followers and fans. We recently chatted with Tiffany to answer ten of your most pressing questions for the acclaimed beauty guru! Check it out:

Sigma Beauty: What originally inspired you to get involved with makeup?
Tiffany: I've always loved makeup as far back as I can remember. When friends would come over, we'd play "makeover" instead of Barbie dolls. I started wearing it in high school and realized I must have been pretty good at it because I'd always be the one who did all of my friends' makeup for dances or events.  It has always been fun to me. People dream of doing something for a living they truly love, and makeup was always at the top of my list.

Sigma Beauty: What are your top three favorite Sigma Beauty products?
Tiffany: The Sigmax Angled Kabuki, the Make Me Up Kits, and the Dry'n Shape.

Sigma Beauty: What is the best piece of beauty advice you’ve ever received?
Tiffany: Years ago when I had seriously over-plucked my eyebrows, I read something that said to let them grow out for a month without touching them. So I did, and it saved them. Ever since, I’ve been super careful about not over-plucking.

Sigma Beauty: If you could do makeup for any one celebrity, who would it be and why?
Tiffany: I would love to see what Kim Kardashian's real eye lashes really look like. But she has gorgeous eyes, so it would definitely be her.

Sigma Beauty: What’s your advice for all of the aspiring makeup artists/YouTube gurus out there?
Tiffany: Not to take other people's advice [laughs]. Don’t pay attention to what other people are doing at all. Do it because you want to and make it your own. Never compare yourself to other people or think you should model your career or YouTube channel after anyone else. Getting into makeup artistry and making a career out of it is incredibly different for everyone - no two paths are alike.  I think the biggest mistake I see with people on YouTube trying to make it "big" is just that. Don't try to make it "big" because if you get into it for that reason, it just won't happen. If you're doing it for the right reasons and because you genuinely love it and want to share something you love with others, people will see your authenticity and want to watch.

Sigma Beauty: What is the one piece of beauty advice you think all women should follow?
Tiffany: To do what works for them. Every person is different and has their own style. Take the advice and tips of others’ and make them into something that works for you.

Sigma Beauty: What has been your most rewarding experience since becoming a YouTube guru?
Tiffany: Definitely the interaction with my subscribers. So many messages I've received have really touched my heart.  From women saying I completely taught them how to do makeup because they didn't have a mother or sister to show them how, to someone saying I've brought a smile to their face during a difficult time or helped them forget about a problem or disease they have for a few minutes each day. That's definitely my best type of reward.

Sigma Beauty: Who is your favorite makeup artist?
Tiffany: Honestly, I don't have one.

Sigma Beauty: What keeps you motivated to create new looks and inspire others through makeup?
Tiffany: I don't really have to try to stay motivated. I guess I'm naturally motivated because it's something I truly love, so new ideas just come naturally to me and the excitement really never goes away.

Sigma Beauty: How has your makeup routine changed over the course of your time as a guru?
Tiffany: My eyebrows! They've slowly evolved and improved [laughs]. I guess it’s because through making videos, I was forced to look at them on camera and see what I needed to do to them. So I take better care of them for sure.  I've always taken care of my skin the same (I've used the same type of cleanser for ten years!) and done my makeup pretty similar over the years. Come to think of it, I've always loved buying makeup products and trying new things.  I'd always find myself trying new stuff and finding better ways to use it or discover something interesting or a makeup trick and really have no one to share it with. Thus, I was inspired to make my YouTube channel, so being a guru didn't really change anything with my actual makeup routine.  I'm just getting to share with others something I enjoy in my daily life anyway.

What questions would you love to ask your favorite makeup artist or YouTube guru?

 © 2012 Sigma Enterprises, LLC 

14 comments:

  1. Tiffany's the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tiffany. She's one of my favorite gurus of all time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her and wait for every new video to come out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAVE ALWAYS WATCHED TIFFANY BECAUSE I LOVE HER STYLE MAKEUP BUT THE ONE THING THATS KEEPS ME WATCHING IS SHE IS GENUINE AND TRUTHFUL ABOUT ALL SHE TALKS ABOUT. THATS A GREAT QUALITY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started watching Tiffany's videos a few months after she started making them and I havn't stopped since. I really look forward to her video's and she has been my favorite to watch since then. The best thing about her is that she's so down to earth...I love that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're so happy to see that you enjoyed the Q & A with YouTube guru Tiffany D. Stay tuned for more Q & A's with your favorite YouTube gurus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Tiffany she is so amazing! She is very right about people being able to spot authenticity. You can tell she truly loves it. Just like she's explaining something to a friend when she talks. She so genuine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tiffany is fun to watch. At 76, I've actually learned alot of new ways to stay attractive without overdoing things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann - That is awesome! :) We're glad you find inspiration from Tiffany!

      Delete
  9. I feel so close to Tiffany. I'm 13, and when i grow up i want to be just like her. Every video i learn more from her. Thanks Tiffany inspiring me. One day, I'm going to meet Tiffany, its going to be the best day of my life!! Thanks Sigma for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. we all love tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  11. you always looking pretty

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are truly my Makeup guru. Learned so much from you Tiffany. Thanks for just being true to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is why she inspires me as a up in coming makeup artist! I love her so much! when I started getting into makeup she was the first youtube channel I watched! Thanks Tiffany for what you do! you are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete